Open MS Outlook (The layout might be different than the image below)
Click on Tools, then Email Accounts
A dialog box will appear. Select Add a new email account and click Next
Another dialog box will appear. Select POP3, then click on Next
A third dialog box will appear. Enter as followed:
- Your Name: Enter you name
- Email Address: Enter your email address
- Incoming mail server (POP3): Enter mail.bbcanada.com
- Outgoing mail server (SMTP): Enter your Internet Service Provider outgoing server information. If you are unsure, please contact the company who provides you your Internet connection.
- Username: Enter the username provided by BBCanada (same as BBDUG usually)
- Password: Enter the password provided by BBCanada (same as BBDUG usually)
- Remember password: Checked by default. You can optionnally uncheck this option, but you will be required to provide your password each and every time you access your emails.
- Log on using Secure Password Authentication: Leave this option unchecked. BBCanada does not use this password method.
Then, click Next
You now have completed your email configuration, click on Finish
The next time you will open your email software, your emails (if any) will be downloaded from the server and you will start receiving your emails. Once the emails received in your software, they will be removed automatically from the server.
***You may want to verify if the option to send/receive is activated automatically when you start MS Outlook. To verify this feature (which is the option by default), click on Tools, then choose Options from the menu and select the Mail Setup tab.
The Set send Immediately when connected option is selected.