|Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Valentine's Day contest: Rules and Regulations
Rules and Regulations for the Valentine’s Day Contest: Norah Jones "Not Too Late" and BBCanada.com
- Every time someone purchases a BBCanada.com gift certificate, they will be offered the opportunity to fill out a ballot for the Valentine’s Day Contest Norah Jones "Not Too Late" and BBCanada.com. One can also enter without making a purchase. For non-purchase entries, one entry per individual. Simply complete the entry ballot and answer the following question: Name one of the songs on Norah Jones’ new release "Not Too Late". Submit your answer to the question as well as your name, email address and province to: www.bbcanada.com/norahjonesvalentinesdaycontest by Wednesday, February 14, 2007 12’noon EST. Entries that are incomplete will be disqualified. All entries shall become the property of Bed and Breakfast Online Canada Inc. (furthermore referred to as BBCanada.com).
- BBCanada.com will not be responsible for entries lost, misdirected or delayed. Entries received by phone, courier or dropped off in person will not be accepted by BBCanada.com.
- There will be a total of one Grand Prize - A B&B gift certificate (valued at $300.00) for a weekend stay for 2 at any participating B&B who accepts the BBCanada.com gift certificate PLUS a copy of the new Norah CD "Not Too Late"(Total value of prize $315.00). One 2nd Prize: Norah Jones' CD "Not Too Late" and DVD collection (valued at $ 85.00) and one 3rd Prize: A copy of the new CD "Not Too Late" (valued at $15.00 )
- Winners will be selected in a random draw form all eligible entries received. The draw will take place on Wednesday Feb 14, 2007 at 12’noon EST. Prize winners will be contacted by email within 24 hours of the draw.
- This contest is open to all residents of Canada who have attained the age of majority, excluding the residents of the province of Québec. Excluded are all employees of BBCanada.com and EMI Music Canada and their immediate families.
- This offer is void where prohibited by law. Chances of winning are solely dependant o the total number of entries received. This contest is subject to all federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. Participation in the contest indicates acceptance in the rules and regulations.
- The decision of the contest judges is final. Prizes must be accepted as awarded and cannot be exchanged for cash. The prize winner has the sole responsibility to pay for any taxes connected to the prize.
- By entering the contest, entrants consent to the use of their name and city of residence, photograph and or image on video tape for publicity purposes in all mediums carried out by BBCanada.com without payment or compensation.
- BBCanada.com accepts no liability or responsibility in connection with any injuries, loss or damages of any kind arising out of the contest or its prizes.
- No responsibility will be taken for any failure of the website during the promotion or for any problems or technical malfunction of a telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software and failure of any email. Specifically, BBCanada.com accepts no responsibility for problems with Internet entries on account of technical problems or congestion of the Internet, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an entrant’s or other person’s computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any material in this promotion. BBCanada.com reserves the right, in their sole discretion to cancel, suspend the Internet promotion of this contest should a virus, bug or any other cause corrupt the security or affect the proper administration of the contest. Any attempt to deliberately damage or undermine the legitimate operation of this promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws and as such, BBCanada.com reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extend of the law, including criminal prosecution. All entries are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are illegible, mechanically reproduced, mutilated, forged, falsified, altered or tampered with in any way.
- The prize winners and guest (where applicable) shall be responsible for all applicable taxes, transportation costs between your or your guest’s residence(s) and the selected B&B, travel and medical insurance, meals and beverages (other than those specifically included in B&B accommodation), incidental and service charges (e.g., mini-bar, telephone, movie rental, laundry), tips and gratuities, applicable taxes, spending money, items of a personal nature and all other costs and expenses not specifically stated as included herein are the sole responsibility of you and your guest. A valid credit card will be required to check-in to the accommodations to cover any incidentals that may be incurred.
- The eligible winner of the prizes and their guest (where applicable) must sign a declaration and release form releasing BBCanada.com from any liability arising from the acceptance of the prizes and confirming compliance with the contest rules.
- BBCanada.com reserves the right to substitute, terminate or cancel any portion of the contest and or any component of a prize at any time, without notice for any reason whatsoever at their sole discretion. If the contest sponsors decide to substitute a prize or component of the prize they will do so for a prize of similar nature. All dates are fixed; the Grand Prize winner’s stay must be completed by Feb 14, 2008 or the prize will be forfeited. Certain blackout periods may apply and are dependent on the B&B selected by you. Actual retail prize value may vary depending on the season reserved and the B&B selected. If the cost of two nights’ accommodation exceeds $300.00 CDN, the winner and guest will be responsible for the portion of the cost above $300.00 CDN. If the cost of two nights’ accommodation is below $300.00 CDN, no cash refund or application of the difference towards any other cost will be permitted. Should the Grand Prize winner be unable to accept the prize, his/her prize will automatically be forfeited and another eligible winner will be chosen by BBCanada.com from the remaining eligible entries. Once a booking has been confirmed with BBCanada.com no changes will be accepted without rendering the prize null and void.
This FAQ has been viewed 4,314 times.
Click Here to return to the FAQ List.