1 cup granulated sugar (I use Stevia)
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon gluten-free vanilla
1 1/2 cups gluten-free all-purpose rice flour blend
1 teaspoon gluten-free baking powder
1/2 teaspoon gluten-free baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 3/4 cups shredded zucchini
2 tablespoons finely shredded lemon peel
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup powdered sugar
2 to 3 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
1) Heat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease bottom only of 9'X5' loaf pan, or spray with cooking spray.
2) In large bowl, beat granulated sugar and eggs with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add oil and vanilla; beat until smooth.
3) In medium bowl, mix flour blend, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Gradually beat into egg mixture on low speed until blended. Stir in zucchini, lemon peel and 2 tablespoons lemon juice. Pour batter into pan.
4) Bake 55 to 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 15 minutes. Remove from pan to cooling rack; cool completely, about 2 hours.
5) In small bowl, mix powdered sugar and enough lemon juice to make glaze of drizzling consistency. Spread over bread, letting some drizzle down sides. Store covered in refrigerator.
This loaf is absolutely delicious! I've just gone through my third loaf!